Global Manager Transport
Eurofins Central Laboratory is a dynamic, global organization fully dedicated to providing global central laboratory services to support all phases of clinical trials. At Eurofins Central Laboratory, we are BOLD. We go beyond the expected. Since we are purely a central laboratory, there are no distractions allowing us to remain laser focused on the best science, technology and people.
We are part of one of the world’s leading laboratory organizations Eurofins Scientific, therefore we offer end-to-end testing solutions which are unsurpassed in the industry. Eurofins Central Laboratory is setting new standards with GLP capabilities embedded within our Central Laboratory. We support our customers with laboratory facilities in the USA, Europe, Singapore and China, and a back office in India.
For our division Eurofins Central Laboratory in Breda we are looking for a
Manager Global Transport (fulltime)
Transport is an essential part in the Supply Chain of Eurofins. Over 350.000 kits are shipped out globally towards investigators participating in a clinical trial. Patient samples are on its turn shipped back from the investigator by courier (ambient / cooled / frozen) to one of our laboratories for analysis. Transport lead time and transport condition are critical for maintaining the sample stable.
What are your responsibilities?
- You lead the global transport organization (2 FTE direct reports locally);
- You control and steer (based on SLAs and monitor KPIs) the operational and financial performance of the couriers (3rd party suppliers);
- You oversee couriers contracts & invoices are correct (PO-to-Pay cycle) and timely and accurately (in-full) invoiced to our clients;
- You develop new services and processes to exceed client and market expectations and improve operating performance (efficiency, quality, speed, cost, competitiveness);
- You ensure follow up on operational incidents and audit findings by client/internal and timely resolution of corrective and preventive actions;
- You procure (in close cooperation with purchasing) the best service network solutions of global logistics partners with highest quality standards at lowest costs;
- You define global operating standards and SOPs and deliver standardized transport services globally compliant with required quality standard(s) e.g. GxP, CAP, ISO/EN.
Are we the right match?
- You have a Bachelor or Master's degree in a technical or operations discipline with logistic/transport specialization;
- You have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in transport sector / transport management / transport sourcing in an international environment;
- You have at least 1-2 years’ working experience within a transport / courier company. Courier and Cold Chain Logistics service industry preferred;
- You have experience with customs regulations / basic understanding of customs regulations is required; in addition basis understanding of dangerous goods regulations is required;
- You are driven by quality, client / customer satisfaction and operational excellence;
- Lean and/or six sigma experience advantageous;
- You have excellent communication skills with a focus on (in/external) client satisfaction;
- You have experience in managing and motivating global teams;
- Strong organizational and analytical skills and performance orientation;
- You are fluent in English, other languages of operating sites of advantage
What do we offer you?
- An interesting position in a dynamic, global company;
- An open, informal working environment;
- Market-based salary and good secondary employment conditions
Are you interested?
Do you meet the above profile and are you interested in an informal and pleasant working environment? We are looking forward to receive your CV and motivation letter in English to the attention of Femke Dilven, Human Resources, through the following link: